Team Merlin is seeking a Senior Flight Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services in Chantilly, VA. This position provides play a key role in helping the government integrate satellites into its operational baseline. This professional will be involved throughout the development lifecycle by analyzing and developing concepts of operations, requirements, participating in design reviews, analyzing test results during verification and validation, coordinating with satellite operators to ensure validity of operational processes and procedures, through vehicle launch and initialization.
- Oversee satellite integration readiness, working with other contractors and government personnel (often across multiple sites and organizational levels) and provide unbiased analysis with recommendations on courses of actions or approaches to exploit an opportunity.
- Assess integration activities in the context of cross-systems dependencies (technical, resource, and schedule) and present unbiased findings, analysis, and recommendations to the government managers. · Participate in project or system reviews, milestones, and/or decision gates and represent the government’s interests with other stakeholders.
- Support government requests for systems engineering and integration studies; process analysis and design; project management process assessments, etc. with a focus on process and resource efficiencies. He/she will present their analysis and present recommendations for implementation.
- Support the development or assessment of system Concept of Operations, Requirements Documents, Test Plans, Contract Statements of Work, Systems Engineering Plans, as well as contribute to the “staff work” requirements for the government (e.g. action items, weekly reports, etc.) to include support to government acquisitions and source selections.
- Technical knowledge of spacecraft systems (bus, payload) and subsystems (attitude and control systems, propulsion, life support systems, etc.), ground communications and mission data processing systems, space vehicle mission planning and command and control systems.
- Knowledge of orbital mechanics.
- Space operations/policy.
- Spacecraft and launch vehicle engineering.
- Space-borne reconnaissance & surveillance.
- Familiarity with GEOINT systems
Clearance required TS/SCI with polygraph
- Real-time operations experience as a spacecraft operator or spacecraft engineer.
Required Education and Experience – Contract requirement: Bachelors and thirteen (13) years or more experience; STEM Degree is required
Please Click The Link For Application: https://kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/KBR_Careers/details/Senior-Flight-Engineer—TS-SCi_R2049060